Monday, March 7, 2011

Celebrity Eyesight

I think my mom is losing her, what I will call, celebrity eyesight. Yesterday, she was watching a movie. The Super, an early 90's film with Joe Pesci, and, according to my mom, Tina Fey. I was walking into the kitchen when I heard her say, "Hey, Erica, you should come watch this movie with me. It's pretty funny. and Tina Fey is in it." So, naturally, I came in and sat down to watch it with her. Twenty minutes later, I'm sitting there wondering, where is Tina Fey? So, I asked my mother...who was Tina Fey and where is she? She was apparently, according to my mom, Naomi Besinger. The actress that played this woman is Madolyn Smith Osborne. Ever heard of her? Yeah, me niether. She looked nothing like Tina Fey. Ok, she wore glasses, much different than Ms. Fey's, but whatever, I'll give my mom that much. My mother also believes that the lady in the beginning of the new Dish Network commercials who gets run over by the hockey player is Eva Longoria. It's not. We argue every time the commercial comes on. Only resemblance I see is that she has the same hair color as Eva Lonogoria, but it's not nearly as thick. I guess when you get a little older, you begin to lose, not only your ability to see or read clearly, but your ability to recognize celebrities.

1 comment:

  1. I saw this video the other day and remembered reading your blog: http://www.hulu.com/watch/72442/saturday-night-live-mom-translator

    It seemed appropriate =)

    ReplyDelete