Sunday, January 27, 2013

You Gotta Beliebe

     I have to explain something major. A major development in my life.
     New Year's Eve: 2000....something. This Justin Bieber kid was performing on my television screen....well my aunt's television screen. Anyway, he was like 15 and his song had two words : "baby" and "oh." I instantly laughed at this new teen sensation.
     Fast forward a few years. My sister has become a belieber. I constantly make fun of her. How in the world could you be so in love with this kid? I couldn't understand it at that time. He wears overalls to meet the Prime Minister. He waddles because his pants are down around his ankles. He can sing and dance, but I don't see much else in the kid. My dad even makes fun of him, calling him a "woos." She has posters of him all over her wall. I even took her to see him on the Today show. Granted, we could only hear him, but still. She had a sign that said "Don't Stop Beliebing." And I wanted her to be able to see him. I tried to shove my way to the front, but many Beliebers are just crazy. Like....CRAZY. Girls were crying and they couldn't even see him. I cried at my first Bon Jovi concert when Jon first graced the stage...but that's JON BON JOVI. and I could actually see him.
      Then, all of a sudden, I had this weird urge to listen to the Biebs. And it hit me. It's real. Bieber Fever. I've seen stories of people who've "caught" it. I laughed at them, like I laughed at everything else that had to do with the Biebs. But now, I don't laugh. It's not a laughing matter. It's real.
       I, me, Erica, the ultimate Bieber hater, had become a Belieber. I don't understand it. I'm listening to Bieber now. All around the worldddd, people want to be lovedddd. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME?
      There's simply no other way to explain it. Bieber fever is real. And I've got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment