Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sweet Escape

      People always find little ways to escape life. Some ways are good, some...not so much. I've been thinking a lot about what i want to do with my life. The only things I can come up with are "Be super rich and famous" and "sit on a beach, shop, watch TV, and eat potatoes." Those are great....but, as much as I hate to say, unrealistic. I hate that word. When people ask me what I'm going to be when I "grow up," I always say "super rich and famous." Which prompts them to respond with my least favorite word besides "guestimate" because that's just a stupid word, "unrealistic."
     So then I sit around and I think that there has to be a way to become rich and famous. I CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT besides luck. Luck seems to be on my side, sometimes. But my life depends on this whole being super rich and famous idea and I can't just rely on luck. I have to make my own luck. That's what all those rich CEO's say, right? Anyway, as you can see, I become stressed and annoyed and THAT is when I head to my escape route: television.
      I know I've written about TV before and how much I just love it. But I feel the need to write about it again because it's just so fabulous. I turn on the TV and all those problems disappear. I become engrossed in other people's problems instead. I analyze their lives. When LOST was on, I watched religiously. And in between episodes each week, all I would think about was LOST and what could possibly happen next. Sons of Anarchy has become my new LOST. It's my one hour escape from life. And then when the episode ends, I try to predict what could happen next and try to figure out the character's back stories and how they ended up where they are and why they are who they are. It's so much more fun to me than paying attention in class.
     Law and Order SVU Tuesdays: best day of the week, easily. This semester, of course, I have classes 9-9 on Tuesdays. It ruins my week.
     Wednesdays I watch the Middle. I like trying to relate my family to the Hecks. And Axl is just hilarious. Kinda like me.
     I'm a big 30 Rock fan and I'm sad it's coming to an end. On Thursdays, that is my escape. I transform myself in Liz Lemon, which isn't very hard, and I am a part of the show.
     And every night I watch Everybody Loves Raymond on TV Land. My favorite show ever. And I am a mix of every character. It's too perfect...and hilarious.
     That's what I like. Putting myself in television. Relating it to my life. It's easy. It's fun. It's what I like to do. Now I know there's someone out there who's said something like "Find what you love to do and figure out a way to get paid for it." So that's the goal. Goal set. Now what?

This is what I want to do in my life:
live somewhere warm
be super rich and famous
meet Oprah
eat potatoes

If there is job that requires all four, I am available. VERY available.

Ok, no more stressing about where my life is going to go. Time to escape. I'm just going to go watch The Golden Girls and pretend I'm Rose Nylund, which isn't that far of a stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment