Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Blog Post

There's an epidemic in this country. And I don't need WebMD to diagnose it.
It's so bad.
Terribly bad.
Awful.
There's an epidemic of bad television show names.
It started with The Talk. I thought that was silly. The Talk? How creative. They should've just went all out and named it The Talk Show. Or CBS's Version of The View.
Now, I actually enjoy the talk. Sheryl Underwood cracks me up. But, you need a new name.
This "virus" must have caught on. There is a show on now in the middle of the day called The Chew. Ew. What kind of a name is that? Chew? Yeah, sure, I chew my food but that's such a weird word. Chew. Chew. Keep saying it to yourself. It's a weird word. What do you picture when you think of the word chew? Yeah, a mouth with a bunch of food in it. Ew. Again, I like the show. They have some good recipes on there. Not that I ever cook or anything. They have great recipes that I pass on to my mom.
Just when I thought it could end there, I see previews for a show called The Taste. It's like American Idol for chefs. Judges taste aspiring cooks' food. How creative to name the show, The Taste. I can't even believe it. It's genius. How in the world did they come up with such a great name? Gee, I don't know.
I thought it would end there. I wish it would've ended there because today I was sitting on my Noni's couch watching the local news when a preview for a new show came on where contestants compete for a job. And guess what it's called? Oh man, how did you know? It's called The Job. WHAT IN THE WORLD IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?
When will this end?
I'm very worried for the television industry right now.
If they can't even think of names for shows, how in the world can they even write or create a good show?
Oooo, wait, here's a preview of the fall TV lineup: Mondays: The Sitcom. Tuesdays: The Drama. Wednesdays: The Cop Show. Thursdays: The Singing Competition. (As if we don't have enough of those) Fridays: The Reality.

When are we going to get creative again? Just a tad bit more creative. Please. Even as creative as Wings, which isn't terribly creative, but at least it wasn't called The Airline.

I have a solution.
Put me in the television business. I'm an expert.

No comments:

Post a Comment