Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 5 Sans the Potato

5 days without potatoes.
I almost broke it on Saturday. I was at Kelly's and I almost ordered french fries. I just totally forgot it was potatoes. and then i went to replace it with potato pancakes but i could only say "potato pan" before i realized....that's a potato.
My mom has been working with me. Instead of making potatoes, she makes noodles or rice. It's really fantastic. If she had made mashed potatoes, I would probably definitely cave. Yet, I've been surprised by my will power over the potato. We had some friends in from Maryland visiting over the weekend, so of course, we went out to eat a few times. We went to Coney Island. When everyone else is sitting around enjoying their French fries, I was struggling, trying to look away, trying not to think about the beautiful french fry covered in cheese. I didn't eat any. I couldn't believe it. Will power.
I went in to Mamma Mia's in Clarks Summit on Friday to pick up a pizza. They never sample things in there, but on this day, they were sampling a different kind of pizza. POTATO PIZZA. Such torture. I couldn't believe it. It was cheesy mashed potatoes on a pizza. How genius. But I resisted.
I apologize to my family if my mom keeps up the whole no cooking potatoes thing. Now I've dragged you into this sorta kinda cuz you all still were able to eat French fries at Coney Island and Kelly's the other day. By the way, is the "French" in french fry supposed to be capitalized? I'm not sure. Oh well.
Time to keep not eating potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment