Monday, March 4, 2013

POTATO UPDATE

I ate a potato. Not like an apple. I had some potato soup. And a french fry. (again, is the "French" in "french fry" supposed to be capitalized?) I was at work yesterday and the soup of the day was loaded potato. What a tease. But then I remembered my Aunt Janet saying that Sundays during Lent don't count. I'm not sure if that's a real rule or just a rule she made up, but I took advantage of it. So it's possible that my recent potato intake doesn't count. Now, this weekend is Parade Day and I always go to Kelly's on Parade Day. Last time I went to Kelly's, I resisted the urge to eat any potatoes so I'm confident this time. But then the following week is St. Paddy's Day and if my mom makes those cheesy potatoes, I might die. Although, I believe St. Paddy's Day falls on a Sunday this year so that might not count. My mother did make her garlic mashed potatoes one night and I did not eat any of them. If there's any leftover, I'm usually the only one who eats them and every day I opened the fridge and there they were, starring right at me. But I didn't eat them. Now I feel bad because no one ate them and they had to go in the garbage. I just shed a tear writing that sentence. It's such a shame. I can't even think about it. My poor potatoes being tossed out. This is too much for me. I just love potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment