Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I Love....Feet?

      There's a lot of things I don't understand. I don't understand gnats and why they have to exist. I don't understand when someone says "I don't watch a lot of TV." I don't understand why a bottle of water at the movie theaters has to cost $498,324,093,498. But what I really don't understand are a lot of people's career paths. Doesn't everyone want to have a glamorous job and be super rich and famous? That's the only way of life that makes any kind of sense to me. Don't they want to do something they love? I don't understand a love of math. or science. or cleaning teeth. I guess I can understand a passion for shaping the minds of today's youth aka teaching. I can understand having a passion for interior design or architecture. But a passion for....accounting? No offense to my father on that one. I can't picture my life as an average Joe-lene. (that's the female version of average Joe i just made up) I love television. So I want to be a part of television. Some people love...surgery? What? You love feet? I don't understand. Who loves feet so much that they want to be a foot doctor? Don't even get me started on proctologists. Although honestly, when I think of proctologists, I just hear Kramer in my head saying, "Cosmo Kramer, the Assman." Everything goes back to television. Television is so wonderful. Why doesn't everyone want to be on television? I'm glad that not everyone does because then it makes it a little easier and less competitive, but that doesn't mean I understand it. I'm glad people want to do these other jobs that I want no part of. That's fabulous. But what inspires them to do so?
      I watched ER with my mom all the time and thought I wanted to be a nurse. I watch Law & Order and I think I want to be a detective. I watch The Good Wife and I think I could be a lawyer. Heck, I watch Sons of Anarchy and think I want to be the Queen of a  motorcycle club. Maybe other people think like that too. I think I am lucky. I've realized, I don't actually want to be those things. I just want to pretend to be one of them on TV. Maybe all these doctors and nurses and dentists and detectives and lawyers and people involved in MCs just never realized that in real life those jobs are not as fun as they look on TV. And now, they're stuck being doctors and nurses and dentists and detectives and lawyers and members of an MC. Or maybe they actually wanted to be doctors or nurses or dentists or detectives or members of an MC. Who really knows? Not me. Maybe I'm just an anti-dentite.

No comments:

Post a Comment