Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Fine China is Reserved for Oprah's Visit

We recently upgraded our cable package. 80 more channels plus HBO and a DVR (I know, we're a little behind). It's fantastic. And now, I'm extremely happy because Oprah has come back into my life through the OWN network. It's really fantastic to hear Oprah's voice in my living room again. It's soothing.
In the last few days, I've watching a lot of Oprah's Next Chapter from Beyonce to Cissy Houston to LL Cool J and Drew Barrymore and David Letterman. This afternoon, I watched one with Lady Gaga.
I am fascinated by Lady Gaga. She is sometimes so bizarre I just have to wonder where in the world her mind is. Sometimes, I just don't get her and it annoys the crap out of me. I just can't figure her out. This Oprah interview caught my eye. Maybe I could get an inside look as to what actually goes through Lady Gaga's mind. I did get a little glimpse into that. But it also got me thinking about other things.
Oprah came to Lady Gaga's house for this interview. I can't even imagine Oprah coming to my house. The cleaning spree it would send my mom on...it scares me just to think about it. She goes nuts cleaning before the plumber comes to the house. I can't even imagine Oprah. And then, Lady Gaga made Oprah tea. I feel like there is so much pressure there. It's like making tea for the Queen of England. Tea is her thing. It has to be absolutely positively 100 percent perfect. I don't really know if tea is Oprah's thing, but I would want to be as perfect as Queen Elizabeth's tea. They get to talking about Lady Gaga's mom's fine china, which Gaga has said she's never seen before! But of course, you have to break out the fine china for Oprah. If Oprah came to my house, I would use the fine china too. I hope it's fine enough. Oprah is at my house for Pete's sake. (who is Pete?) If Oprah came over, what would I even wear? Gaga had to get her nails done beforehand and then she said she had to pick out a nice suit. I would definitely get my nails done, but what color screams Oprah? Red? Purple? Blue? Pink? I DON'T KNOW. So much pressure! Also, where would we sit? On the couch? Maybe Oprah doesn't do couches after the whole Tom Cruise thing. At the dining room table? At the kitchen table? Gaga looked like they were at the dining room table. Do I serve snacks? What snacks are Oprah-worthy? Do you think Oprah likes taco dip? Is that not suitable to serve to Oprah? Maybe no chips and dip, maybe just fruit. But then again, what if Oprah is expecting chips and dip and not fruit? Serve both? Too much food? WHAT! This is all so confusing.
This is making my head hurt. Hopefully, I have a few years to think about these things and prepare for the day Oprah comes to visit. But, I better start now. You can never be too early for Oprah.

No comments:

Post a Comment