Wednesday, February 13, 2013

One Potato, Two Potato, Three Potato, No Potatoes for 40 Days

Lent started today. So, like everyone else, I went to the Twitter and Facebook to see what I should give up. After many suggestions, I decided my good friend and neighbor Kathy gave me the best suggestion. Potatoes.
I felt like I had to give up something epic for Lent since the Pope gave up being the Pope and all. Some suggested Twitter, which would be epic, but very inconsiderate. I couldn't let my Twitter followers down by not being there for entertain them for 40 WHOLE DAYS. That's like...a lifetime.
So, we came to potatoes.
My beloved potato.
That's about as epic as we can get seeing as the name of my blog is Erica Loves Potatoes.
The potato is a part of me. It makes me who I am.
I love potatoes. This will be a challenge. It means no french fries, no chips, no mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes, cheesy potatoes, roasted potatoes, eating potatoes like an apple. None of that. It will take a stupendous (wow I haven't used that word since I used to watch Barney) amount of will power. For instance, St. Patrick's Day falls during Lent. I always eat potatoes on St. Patrick's Day. It's the law. But hopefully, I will stand my ground. Say no to the delicious potato.
Bring it, St. Patrick.
I will be keeping all of you updated on my potato-less existence for the next 39 days. I know Lent is 40 days but today doesn't count because I ate potatoes at lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment