Saturday, June 16, 2018

A Note to Everyone

Hello fam,

It's been a while.

I miss this space. I created this blog as a way to practice writing initially. I didn't really have other intentions. Traffic starting picking up (as I was getting a little better) and it became more than practice. It became a way to entertain. My moving to Sam's Club blog even got me on television and won an award. I was living a good life on this blog. It was light and happy and funny, like me. (I'd like to think that's like me, anyway).

Then my life became not so light and happy and funny. It became deep and dark and quite depressing. This inspiration that I had for my light and funny posts had dissipated. I struggled for a long time trying to decide, do I write the deep and dark? Will I lose my audience because the tone of my blog changes? Do I really want to write these things for everyone? Do I show the world that life isn't always light and funny?

I don't know what the right answer was. I just know that I had decided that instead of publishing any writings from those years, I would just not publish anything. I couldn't find that girl that wanted to live in Sam's Club or that girl who was waiting on a visit from Oprah to her home. I did however carry with me the girl who still has a lot of questions about the "cloud" (where is this cloud?) and the girl who spends a lot of time on WebMd. In my last few posts, I combined the light and dark a little, but I struggled to find that entertainment aspect that I felt I was providing in my writing.

I am working on bringing that light back to this space. Even if nobody reads it, it is a light for me.


Thank you,
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment