Sunday, May 5, 2013

Life's Struggles

I've come across many struggles in life. Death, depression, addiction (to candy crush), missing my TV shows...you get the idea. But one of the biggest and most annoying is the struggle I constantly have with my closet. There's simply not enough room. I've collected 20 years worth of stuff in a 2 by some other small number space. I have dressers galore. My closet has every kind of organizing pinterest trick you can imagine. Still, some clothes just have to be stored on the floor.
I wish I was Carrie Bradshaw in the Sex and the City movie. She gets this gorgeous apartment in Manhattan with Big and then she gets a PERFECT closet. I fantasize about the day all of those things happen to me. But especially the closet part.
I also have a slight shopping addiction. Ok it's not slight, it's huge. It's bad. It's a problem. If I am not rich AND I don't marry rich, I will have a problem. I figure may have to do with my small closet problem. But even if I don't really have a shopping addiction, I still could use a bigger closet. I have containers under my bed with clothes. I have clothes hanging on the back of my door. And you know what the big problem is? I don't wear half of it, yet when I go through it I think, "No I might wear this someday." Or something like, "As soon as I give this to the Sally, I will be looking for it." It always seems to work out that way. So then....I keep it. Stuff I haven't worn in years...or ever. It's still here in my room haunting me. "whyyyy did you buy me if you were never going to wear me?' "look at all this money wasteddddd" "you're just going to let me sit here in this crowded closet?"
I don't know if clothes have thoughts but that's what I imagine them to be.
Who am I kidding? Clothes don't have brains so they don't have thoughts.
What if things without brains could have thoughts?
Now I'm getting off topic.
The point here is....I need a separate room...or house...to use as a closet. It would make life much easier. You would actually be able to see my blue carpet instead of a somewhat blue carpet mixed with denim and green and purple and black and Lilly Pulitzer prints. It is a constant struggle between me and my closet and my clothes and possibly my shopping addiction. I know the solution: get rich and build a bigger closet. But the getting rich part seems to be harder than I expected so if any of you have a faster solutions, suggestions are greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment