Tuesday, May 8, 2012

This Post is to Make You All Feel Better About Yourselves

       A few months back, I was very excited to be traveling to Ireland with some cool people from Marywood. We were going to have so much fun together eating potatoes and riding horses and eating potatoes and meeting nice Irish men and eating potatoes. Then, one night my family was all gone out to my sisters' basketball game. My dad was heading out of town so my mother told me I could park in his garage. So I pulled my car up to the door, but the button in my car was not working. So, I got out of the car and used the nifty little keypad thing on the side of the door. All of a sudden, I heard a loud noise. Yes, I forgot to put the car in park. It was smashing through the garage door. I dove into the car and hit the break with my hand and put the car in park. I paused for a few minutes, gathering what just happened and laid in that awkward position in the car. Finally, I backed the car up and put it in its usual spot on the driveway. I went in the house and went into the garage trying to figure out how to fix my very expensive blonde moment. The car did not go all the way through, just majorly dented the door. So I tried to reverse the dents by repeatedly kicking the door. This did not work out so well, as I screwed up the wiring in the door. Yet, I did not know that I screwed up the wiring. So, I tried to open the door. As the door went up, it made this creeky going to fall apart noise and I sat in the garage in the fetal position not knowing whether to laugh or cry so I just did both. I'll tell you, that is a workout. Finally, I knew the family would be home soon so I tried to shut the door again, hoping they wouldn't notice the damage.
       One time, my mom opened her garage door and got in my dad's car and backed out through the door so I knew if I just told her right away she couldn't be too mad. I just had to get it over with, like ripping off a band aid. She walked in the house and all I could blurt out was "Hey mom a deer ran in to the garage door." She did not buy it. At all. "Erica, I know what it looks like when you drive through the garage door. I did it once, remember?" Busted.
      I spent the rest of the night watching the Everybody Loves Raymond episode where Marie drives through Ray and Debra's house on repeat. It made me feel a little better about myself.
     Because I screwed up the wiring, the other garage door did not open like it was supposed to. Now, math isn't really my subject, but if I'm not mistaken, one majorly dented garage door + bad wiring = two new garage doors. Two new garage doors = no trip to Ireland. That's one expensive blonde/Erica moment. I hope you now feel better about yourselves.

Marie Drives Through Ray and Derbra's House:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mqjucu4qmc

No comments:

Post a Comment