Monday, September 24, 2012

Are There TV's in Prison?

     I was watching TV one day (big surprise right there) and this guy was in a jail cell and in his jail cell, he had a television. This moment in time changed my life. I asked my twitter followers if there actually were TV's in prison to which they answered "yes." So now, I'm beginning to think that prison cannot be so bad at all. You don't need money. You don't need to cook. You don't need to clean. You don't have to pick out an outfit every day. And....you can watch television. Now I'm not saying that I'm going to go out and commit some kind of crazy crime to put myself in jail for the rest of my life, but if I ever fall in some kind of terribly awful, horrible, no-way-out-of-it life rut, prison wouldn't be a bad option. I wonder how many channels they get in there. I wonder if you have to share a television with someone else. I wonder if the televisions have DVD players or even VHS players. Or DVRs. Can prisoners record their shows if they know they'll be making license plates or cleaning up the highway during them? I wonder if they let them watch FOX's Prison Break. Well, what does it matter? There's no way prison can be so bad if there's a television in there somewhere. But don't put yourself in jail because of this post....because that would be stupid. There aren't amusement parks in prison. And I feel like you have to go to an amusement park once in a while to really live.

No comments:

Post a Comment