Monday, May 14, 2012

I'm Moving to Sam's Club Part 2

         I know I've already posted about living in Sam's Club,  but Saturday was possibly the best Sam's Club day ever. I walked in and immediately knew it was going to be a good day. Cars was on the TV. So, as my mom shopped around, I tested the couch in front of the TV and watched the end of the movie. After the movie ended, I decided I was hungry. There was a wide array of free samples today. They had everything from water to Jimmy Dean's breakfast sandwiches to salmon to yogurt and muffins and everything under the sun, pretty much. My favorite free sample was definitely the pineapple upside down cake and the lady even put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. So after watching the end of Cars and eating every free sample, I had made my way around the store to discover a nail tutorial station. They actually had a lady there doing nail designs. The best part was that she would do all of your nails...FOR FREE. And she even showed you how to do the funky little designs. Best day ever. The next table I came across was a glasses cleaning station. They had these wipes that supposedly clean your glasses extremely well. I did not have my glasses on today, but if I did, I would've enjoyed that station. After moving from the glasses cleaning station, I saw a table with two ladies sitting behind it that said "FREE HEALTH TEST." Well, it's free why not go for it? I walked over and the ladies looked confused. Why was I at their station? I said, "It's free so why not?" They laughed while I filled out some paperwork. The lady then proceeded to take my blood pressure. It was normal. Then she measured my BMI. She laughed and said, "Well, that's the first 'low' we had to circle today." Then I moved to the next station where they checked your cholesterol. I have to admit, I was a little worried going into this one. I'm Italian, so I eat a lot and high cholesterol sort of runs in the family. But, to my relief, my cholesterol was in the "desired" range. Why was I getting a health test? Why not? I'm in Sam's Club.
         This day just proved to me that not only could I live in Sam's Club, but I would never have to leave. They have doctors, pharmacists, bakers, electronics people, everything, basically. I have an array of movies to choose from at all times plus an array of TV's to watch them on. I have a library of books to read and my pick of couches and chairs to sit on and read them. Every day there is new food to try and giant cups of soda that can last me an entire day. And those old ladies giving out samples are so nice. I could see us becoming great friends, just like I became great friends with the two ladies doing my free health test.

No comments:

Post a Comment