Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Colors of the World! ___ Up Your Life!

    I've been having a lot of those "I feel really old" moments. I'm not a fan of it. At all really. It makes me feel like I'm on a whole different level from some people. And it's not like this has just happened to me once or twice recently, but like 100 times a day. I can't recall ever having an "I feel old" moment in my lifetime. All of a sudden it was like "OLD."
    I'm really not that old. I'm 20. But all of a sudden, I feel it....the oldness.
    I was playing taboo with my sister and the word was "Spice." So, obviously, I said, "Colors of the world, ____ up your life!" She looked at me like I was a Martian. It was my first real "I feel old" moment. I couldn't even continue to give her clues. I was dumbfounded. She really doesn't know the lyrics to a Spice Girls song? How could this be? When did this happen? Everyone knows the Spice Girls right? Every boy and every girl, SPICE up your life! How could she not know that? This is common knowledge. When did I become my grandmother? How in the Spiceworld am I going to get through life now knowing there are people who don't know Spice Girls lyrics roaming around this Earth? Why won't the Spice Girls get back together? Who am I?
It was an awful moment in which I have pondered many days and nights.
    Just the other day, I was playing Heads Up! (which, by the way, Ellen DeGeneres, is a fabulous app. I love your work. Put me on TV.) with my cousins and aunts and uncles and sisters and mother and who ever, and I picked the Just for Kids category. A thing called "Wonder Pets" came up. What in the world is a Wonder Pet? Does it pick up after itself? Does it lack bad smells? Does it not shed? How WONDERful would a pet like that be? Well, apparently, it's just a silly toy.....that I had never heard of. OLD.
    I keep thinking this old thing will pass, but in my heart I know, it will only get worse and I will have to get used to it. In the mean time, I'll be sure to educate the younger generation on the Spice Girls and, ya know, Barbie. (since she's not politcally correct and all and teaching us bad things or whatever) BARBIE IS THE QUEEN.
     Anyway, my rant on Barbie haters can be a whole other blog post...or book.
     Be sure to Spice Up Your Life today.
     Every boy and every girl, spice up your life.
     Never give up on the good times, livin it up is a state of mind.
     If you want my future, forget my past.
     Get down, get deeper and down. Saturday niight.
     All that I want from you is a promise you will be thereee.
     Slow down, baby, gotta have some fuunn.
    I remember when the first NOW! CD came out. I saw NOW! 45 in Walmart the other day. Holy old. You know what was on the first NOW! CD? My favorite Spice Girls song, "Say You'll Be There." See one of the lines of lyrics above.
    NOW! 45. Wrap your head around that.
    I remember when it was 37 cents to get on the Turnpike. It's now like... a dollar. I feel like I'm a part of an elite group of people when I drive the turnpike any more. That's a buttload of money to drive on a road for a little while...and then to go farther, you have to pay another dollar. Crazy stuff right there.
    37 cents.
    Thank God for the EZ Pass.
    And now I sound like every old person in the book.
    Oh wait, in my day, I walked through ten feet of snow, uphill both ways, just to get to school.
    There, now I sound like every old person in the book.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment