Monday, November 12, 2012

My One Piece of Life Advice

    Many people tell me that I do the coolest things. I am never in one spot. I'm always in New York or Atlantic City or Hershey or where ever. I always seem to be having fun, even if I am at work. This always confuses me. Sure, I do cool things.....why don't you? You have one life, live it. Take chances. Don't hold back. I suppose I've learned to live my life to the fullest as some may say. I just have fun. Like Arthur. Why should we take every thing so seriously? Why do we hold back? If you want to do something, do it now. You never know when your time is up....or someone else's.
    I suppose I learned all of this from one incident in my life. I had always wanted to attend the taping of the Oprah's favorite things episode of her talk show. I kept saying, "Oh well, I'll go next year." The next year came, and I would say the same thing. THEN, that awful day came when Oprah announced she was leaving daytime TV and starting her own network. This was possibly the worst news of my life. I would never be able to attend a taping of Oprah's Favorite Things. I would never get a car or old lady sweaters or You've Got Mail in DVD format or a trip to Australia with Oprah and John Travolta. I had put off doing the one thing that was at the top of my bucket list. WHY DID I DO THIS? Why didn't I just do it when I wanted to do it? Why did I hold back? Why have I still not actually met Oprah? (that is irrelevant...sort of. oh well) What is this "waiting" thing? There is no time for waiting in life! (Unless you are waiting in line for the Sky Rush at Hershey Park, that's a different story and it is totally worth it.) If you want to do something, DO IT NOW. Don't put it off. You never know when Oprah may cancel her own show and start her OWN network on a channel in which I don't even get.

No comments:

Post a Comment